1. Eat only real, whole, “preagricultural” foods. This includes seafood, red meat, poultry, eggs, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. I recommend avoiding all grains (wheat, corn, rice, oats, etc.) and legumes (beans, peas, lentils, hummus, soy, etc.), because they are low in nutrients and high in anti-nutrients and lectins that pose a risk to human health.
2. Drink water or unsweetened, naturally flavored water/seltzer when you’re thirsty. Drinking sweetened beverages is dangerous, putting you on a fast track to a damaged metabolism, and then keeping you there. It is just as important to avoid fruit juices, even all-natural juices with no sugar added, as the body cannot distinguish between various forms of liquid sugar. Click here for a table of sugar content in various beverages(link is external), including fruit juices.
3. Avoid refined carbohydrates like the plague. Concentrated, processed sugars and starches cause unnaturally high spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels that destabilize brain chemistry and damage brain cell metabolism. Examples include sugar, flour, fruit juice, and processed cereals.
4. Avoid refined “vegetable” (seed) oils, like soybean, safflower, and corn oil, and choose natural, unprocessed animal and fruit fats instead.Industrially produced seed oils tend to be high in omega-6 fatty acids, which promote inflammation and fight against the omega-3 fatty acids our brains and immune systems require to function properly. Examples of healthier fat choices include lard, schmaltz, beef tallow, olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil.
5. Include animal protein in your diet on a regular basis — seafood, poultry, red meat, eggs, etc. Plant proteins are not only harder to digest and absorb, but the foods they come from are high in “anti-nutrients” that rob the brain (and body) of key minerals and other essential nutrients. I realize that there are many reasons to eat a plant-based diet unrelated to brain health, so if you choose to eat a vegan or vegetarian diet, please learn all you can about proper supplementation of key nutrients, including B vitamins, vitamin K2, EPA, DHA, iron, and zinc.
Stroke conference 2018 Welcomes you all for worlds best Neurology event "6th International Conference on Neurodegenerative Disorders and Stroke" which will be held at Vienna, Austria during October 22-23, 2018.
#strokeconference #Event #Braintips #Neurologyevent #Vienna